International scientific conference
THEORY AND PRACTICE OF HARMONIZATION OF INTERACTION
OF NATURAL, SOCIAL AND PRODUCTION SYSTEMS OF THE REGION
Dedicated to the Year of Ecology in the Russian Federation
Saransk, 12–13 October 2017.
- N. P. Ogarev Mordovia State University
- Geographical Institute “Jovan Cvijić”,
Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Institute of Ecology of the Volga Basin of
the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Mordovia Branch of Russian Geographic Society
- Ministry of Forestry, Hunting and Nature Management of the Republic of Mordovia
- Ministry of Culture and National Policy of the Republic of Mordovia
- The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Mordovia
Conference will be held from 12 to 13 October 2017 at N. P. Ogarev Mordovia State University located in Saransk, Republic of Mordovia, Russia
Conference purpose and tasks
The purpose of the conference is to identify and study the spatio-temporal patterns of interaction of natural, social and industrial territorial systems and substantiate the main directions
of their harmonization at the regional and local levels.
- consideration of the main problems of using the natural environment to meet the ecological, economic, cultural and recreational needs of the society;
- research of theoretical and methodological provisions of harmonization of interaction of natural, social and production systems with the purpose of revealing key problems of ecological, social
and economic development;
- analysis of the issues of development and implementation of geographic information systems (GIS), methods of remote sensing of the Earth and other new methods to justify the optimization
of interaction between natural and socio-economic systems;
- substantiation of priority directions of development of science and practice in the field of environmental assessment, forecasting of extreme geoecological situations, natural and man-made
- modeling the state of ecosystems and biosphere processes, improving the quality of the human and other organisms' living environment for predicting and assessing possible and negative effects in
the natural environment under the influence of human activities.
- organization of active participation of the society in environmental activities, formation of ethics of responsible attitude to the environment; The development of methods of geography teaching;
Attraction of wide attention of the international and Russian public to unique objects of natural and cultural heritage.
The working program of the conference includes plenary and sectional meetings. As part of the cultural program sightseeing tour of the city of Saransk, visiting the buildings of the World Cup FIFA 2018 in Russia™, excursion to the national culture Centre in the village of Old Cerisola (Staroshaigovskiy district of the Republic of Mordovia) are planned, participation in the celebrations, dedicated to the 50th anniversary of geographical education in the Republic of Mordovia.
The organizing Committee of the conference will inform participants about the activities of the working and cultural program in the next information letters.
Information Letter #2